GETTING AND KEEPING A GREEN CARD
If your intent is to reside in the U.S. long term, you need a GREEN CARD which evidences your status as a legal permanent resident. Green cards are primarily available through either a family relationship or a job/investment .
Benefits of a Green Card:
- With a Green Card, you may travel out of the country without the risk of being denied entry upon returning
- Green Cards qualify you for in-state tuition at universities and colleges
- Work without the need for employer sponsorship or Start your own business when you have a Green card
- Sponsor other family members for their green card
- Green Card holders enjoy most legal rights under U.S. law
- After having your Green card, you may become eligible for U.S. citizenship
Usher Law Firm can help you assess your options related to obtaining a green card. It is increasingly important that green cards are promptly replaced if lost and most importantly, they are renewed in a timely fashion.
Many green card holders find themselves having to scramble because of an immigration irregularity that pops up in conjunction with getting or renewing a driver's license.