Call or Text For Free Consultation 352-329-6336

If A Person Is In This Country Without Permission, What Should They Be Aware Of If Stopped By The Police Or ICE?


The first thing is to not escalate a situation. They should be calm and be polite. They need to understand they don't have to answer questions. They have a right to remain silent. If they're asking about US citizenship or where they were born they don't have to answer that. They need to be very careful of signing anything. You can make admission that are not in your interest. They should contact a lawyer, so remain silent, don't answer questions you think may lead to more difficulty for you. Don't sign anything unless you have had it translated, you're sure it's okay. In particular, you do not want to agree to voluntary departure or consent to your removal from this country. So be smart, be cool and have an attorney help you.

Helping clients worldwide with Franchise and Immigration matters in all 50 states Free Initial Consultation**

Franchise and Immigration Matters
(352) 329-6336
Linea En Espanol

Although based in Florida, Usher Law Firm, P.A. serves clients worldwide and helps with franchise and immigration matters in all 50 states.

At Usher Law Firm, you can count on caring, personal service.
**A minimal scheduling fee may apply to some cases