Ask John #2

Ask John #2

Q: "Should I risk flying to California, being an illegal immigrant could things go wrong easily or should I not worry?"

John's Answer: "International travel requires a valid passport and permission to enter another country.

Airplane travel within the U.S. requires certain government-issued identity documents (asked for at TSA checkpoints within airports).

The list of acceptable documents include:

(1) valid state issued drivers licenses or state identity cards

(2) green cards

(3) border crossing cards

(4) valid passports issued by a foreign country

(5) USCIS issued work authorization cards

Children under 18 are not required to provide proof of identity.

Most people should not have a problem furnishing an acceptable document.

For more information:"

Visit our website or contact us for any questions or to schedule a consultation.

Recent Posts


Because of political and civil unrest in Haiti, this past Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced it is ...
Learn More