You can do that. The easiest way, usually, is an extension of stay. You have to file paperwork and pay a filing fee to extend your stay. But there may be other options as well, depending on what your desires are. you may be able to change to another non-immigrant category. In some instances there may be some opportunities to change to an immigrant visa category, meaning get a green card. Like so many things in immigration, it all depends on your circumstances. You're well advised to have an attorney counsel you as to your options.